In today’s fast-paced life many professionals are found engaged in multiple jobs. And sometimes multiple tasks in one job are to be performed simultaneously. Such circumstances give way to such situations when you need to communicate with the person in front of you. Under such situation, your webcam is ready to serve you. But what if you don’t possess a webcam and you find that a video call is a must?
Situations like this can be dealt with the help of your smartphone. How? Well, now you can use your smartphone as a Webcam. The only additional thing you need is a specially designed app which will help you in coping with the situation.
There are several app which do work in making you use your smartphone as a webcam. In this article, we are going to see an illustration of how to use smartphone as a Webcam with the help of one of these apps.
- Let us consider EpocCam and see how it works.
- First of all you need to install Windows or Mac OS X Drivers on your system,
- Download the app Epocam. After installation is done,
- You will require running EpocCam viewer to see the upshot on your desktop screen.
- Now, move on to your Android, tap the menu button to open the app settings, and enter the IP address for the system you have. This will start automatic streaming allowing you use EpocCam as a webcam in your casual chat software.
- The android is available for free but with limited features and you will need to buy Pro version in order to get full access to the tool.
- Moreover, there is another app, DroidCam, that can be downloaded from Google Play for free with limited features. It is available for Windows and Linux
- Once you have installed the app on your Android, move towards your computer.
- After downloading, unzip and run, following any on-screen instructions.
- Once opened, you will be prompted to enter the IP domain for your DroidCam.
- As you run the app on your Android, the IP address will be shown along with the port number. Now, your desktop will display the possibility to stream audio from your phone as well, and select video quality from the given options.
- The moment you are all-set to go ahead, click Start to initiate streaming. The Android app will then dispatch the image from your phone’s camera to your system.
- For devices having two cameras, tap the Settings button on the mobile app and check the concerning box to switch to the camera you like to be utilized.
Although the free version of DroidCam brings with it some of nice options, it isn’t impeccable. For example, the webcam can only be used in landscape mode, zooming is limited as is resolution, brightness, and different other options that are given in the menu across the foot of the DroidCam desktop tool. One good thing is that you can use it to have multiple meetings.
In order to activate these, you will have to upgrade to the Pro version of DroidCam which is available for $4.00.